Donate by mail:
PO Box 86
Naoma, WV 25140
- Recognize coal company vehicles. Most vehicles that are
associated with strip and mountain top removal sites have
tall antennas with an orange flag and a light that can flash
located on top of the cab roof.
- Carry a cb with you if at all possible and monitor when
traveling in the coalfields. Do not answer
or provoke workers on the cb. It is preferable that they
do not know that you have a cb. Do not use your real name.
- Do not get sandwiched between two coal trucks. If you
do, pull over at first safe place and allow them to pass.
Report any threats to law enforcement immediately with license
plate, description of vehicle and/or person.
- Try to travel in pairs. Always let someone know where
you are going and when you expect to be back. Never go in
a mine site alone.
- Keep your car as unmarked as possible. No protest bumper
stickers. Blend your appearance in with the community. Baseball
caps, plaid shirts, camo. Etc. If possible, carry a video
camera with you.
Be polite! Not just for your own safety but for the campaign
and for the sake of future relationships.
Click here to go back...