On Saturday, July 4th and Sunday, July 5th, the annual
Mountain Keepers Music Festival will be held at Kayford Mountain’s Stanley
Heirs Park . This concert is the premier music festival that celebrates environmental
justice in southern West Virginia. The two day event will feature local and
regional musicians playing a variety of bluegrass, gospel, country and old
time music, as well as children’s games, a pot-luck meal and silent auction.
This is a free concert that will celebrate Appalachian life and attendees
are encouraged to bring a covered dish.
There is a potluck Saturday afternoon so please bring a dish to share.
This is a drug and alcohol free event.
This is a free concert, but donations are welcome and appreciated.
Directions to Stanley Heirs Park/Kayford Mountain
- From I-77 / I-64, take exit 79, Sharon-Cabin Creek.
- Go RIGHT at the bottom of the ramp.
- Make an immediate LEFT onto Cabin Creek Road.
- Go 7.5 miles to the “Y” at Leewood and take the RIGHT fork.
- Go 3.5 to 4 more miles and come to blacktop and dirt.
- At the left hand corner, take the one-lane bridge across the creek.
- Travel another 1.5 miles and bear RIGHT on the road with a guardrail up the mountain.
- At the summit, there will be a white rock and a fork in the road. Bear RIGHT and continue on for 0.1 miles.
- The Stanley Heirs Park is on the LEFT.